Monday, June 8, 2009

Mama's helper

Ru is well on her way to being a master gardener. She's watched me plant, tromped around in the pathways between garden beds, and sampled the glorious bounty of the harvest. Ok, well, she's eaten a couple strawberries fresh off the plant. We are a long ways from harvest time, but hopefully she will enjoy eating the fresh veggies as much as she loves to be outdoors while I'm growing them. Brian snapped some pics of her helping me water.

(and for the record, the jungle behind me is the neighbor's yard, not ours! :)

She helped me hold the hose while I watered.

But really, the hose is only as interesting as what's coming out the end.
Dunno how the veggies will go over (she's wishy washy with tomatoes right now, I'm hoping homegrown will win her over) but she LOVES strawberries, and most other fruits. She eats about 3/4 of a banana a day, and as many grapes or strawberries as I will let her have. Here's she's taste testing the first (tiny) crop of strawberries. Yummy!

No comments: