This is from Alyson's Three P's in a Pod blog, and it looked like a good way to record some of my thoughts at this stage of mommyhood. Besides, she's holding a giveaway and I'm all about free stuff. Happy 500th post Alyson!
1. Typically, what time do you wake up?
Which time? Ru is up around 1 or 2ish, we go back to sleep 5 or 6ish, then sleep (with a break for feeding/pumping) til noon
2. On a good night, what time are your kids in bed?
Well she's only 7 weeks old, so I'm not sure how to answer. Daddy usually has "swing shift" and hardly ever has her in her crib. He just holds her for hours. So she lands in her crib for a while when I get up.
3. How long have you been a mommy?
7 weeks. I'm a noob.
4. How old were you when you became a mom?
5. What is your favorite kids T.V. show?
6. What is your least favorite kids T.V. show?
We don't have a TV, so I'm not up on them anymore.
7. What is your favorite chore?
Laundry lets me do other things at the same time, and I can get it DONE. (until someone spits up anyways)
8. What is your favorite meal to cook?
I haven't cooked since Ru was born, except mac and cheese with chili in it. I do enjoy roasts or corned beef in the slow cooker.
9. What is your least favorite meal to cook?
Anything that involves my hands being slimy for any length of time. (meatloaf comes to mind)
10. What is your kids favorite meal?
Ha! Breastmilk with formula mixed in.
11. What is your favorite thing your husband does with your kids?
He just gets such a kick out of watching her little antics, and it's not like she has that many just yet. He does a lot of tummy time with her.
12. What are 5 things that make you smile when you are being a mom?
Getting to take a nap.
Ru nursing well.
Getting to take a nap.
13. If you could take your kids anywhere, where would it be?
I wish I could have got to KS before g-ma passed away, and since the funeral is today that would be cool, too. Generally speaking, we want to go to disneyworld/epcot someday.
14. When was the last time you went out without your kids?
I went to youth group sunday night, altho technically I'm working when I do that. Uh...I don't remember if bunco or the night I went out for ice cream with Terry Mac was more recent.
15. What is your favorite pastime/activity to do with your kids?
Right now just snuggling.
16. Name one thing you said you would never say as a mother.
"because I said so"
17. Name something you do, that your mom did.
Don't ask for help when I should.
18. What is your favorite quality your mom has?
She's very independent. (hehe, altho obviously that shared trait bites us in the behind, as in #17)
19. What is your favorite kids book?
We don't have that many yet! We do like "God gave us you" that my friend Lory gave us.
20. What is your favorite advice for new moms?
Not sure I'm a good person to be doling out advice... But I guess I would say don't expect yourself to get anything productive done for the first couple of months. That had been really frustrating for me as I like to feel like I accomplished something at the end of the day. Taking care of the baby is pretty time intensive (esp when she's up for hours and hours at night...)
21. What is your most heartbreaking moment as a mom?
When they took Ru to St. Vinnies and I was stuck at the Newberg Hospital.
22. What is your most joyful moment being a mom?
Getting to take her home.
23. When was the last time you told one of your kids you loved them?
Uh...sometime in the last hour I'm sure.
24. When was the last time you were told?
Well she's not exactly talking yet, but hubby told me before he went to bed.