Monday, May 12, 2008

Cool Product!


My post yesterday wasn't very cheery, so I thought I would write about a cool product we bought when Ruthie came home that we're pretty impressed with. It makes us happy!
Because she had sleep apnea issues once in the NICU, Brian and I were a bit worried about it with Ruthie. The doctors were not, at least not enough to send us home with a monitor for her. I had seen this one advertised in the baby magazines. It's pretty spendy, $130 at Amazon.com. But if you are a worrier, the Bebe Sounds Angelcare® Deluxe Movement Sensor with Sound Monitor may be worth its weight in gold for the peace of mind.
It seems to work just like it claims. Even when our tiny Ruthie is in a deep sleep, it seems to magically know she is breathing. The only problem we have with it is if we forget to turn it off when we take her out of the crib! We'll get ourselves trained on that eventually. It also works like a standard baby monitor with sound transmission, etc. I thought the room temp thing a bit frivolous, except it did come in a little handy since Ru had trouble regulating body temp.
So if you are looking for a big gift to buy for someone expecting, and if you or they are the type to not sleep at night for fear the baby will stop breathing, this might be just the thing to get them. (and no, they aren't paying me, or even aware I am writing this review. Maybe when me and my little blog grow up we'll try and do giveaways like other bloggers...)

No comments: